Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The longest day ever

So, imagine you were just on a plane for 20 hours... sounds fun, right. Well, it actually wasnt that bad. The seats in business class were like small recliners, and there were movies on demand. So, I cant complain too much. The confusing part came when I got off the plane thinking it was dinner time, when in fact, it was breakfast time. For those who arent aware, Hong Kong is a 12 hour time difference from the US. So the change from AM to PM was really throwing me off. I went to my collegues' hotel first to eat breakfast. It was pretty normal... westernized and all. Then I went over to my hotel, where my room was not yet ready. After walking around in 80 degree, 80% humidity for a while, I'd pretty much had it. But, alas, it was only NOON!! Then, we killed the day until dinner with walking and browsing and showering. By the end of dinner around 7ish, I was ready to collapse on the floor from tiredness... Seriously. We took a walk around the pier on the way to the train station, and I think my legs began to atrophy. I was getting spazms from the fatigue. So, finally at 8ish, I had all I could take... and I went to sleep. Sweet relief. Welcome to the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home