Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Well this should be interesting

Let me begin by stating... I am not a writer. I never have been, never will be. But, Jess has inspired me to write my life online so that people who I have never met can mock me =P . I don't know exactly how to start this thing. "Once upon a time" perhaps?

I am at work right now... so that indicates how big of a procrastinator I am. Not only did I take the time to create a blog, I also have taken time to write in it. Lovely. I make toys for a living. Its fun, but its no "Big". Tom Hanks' job definitely would have been better.

I finally have an apartment, so thats nice. My roommate and I feel as though we should live in an assisted living facility because we act like idiots constantly. My friends are the best people on the planet, but thats a given. My family is about as good as it gets. So, minus the large gap left by the man I don't have, life is good.

Lastly, I will explain my blog title. First of all, for anyone that knows me, it is clear the extent to which I love Def Leppard. The CD has a constant place in my car's CD changer, and is only removed when I need to bring it inside for more listening pleasure. Secondly, the song in question is my favorite "going out" song, hands down. I loathe all bars that do not have it in the Juke Box. It is also a ringer on my cell phone. But really, the inspiration comes from just last nite: My roommate and I decided we would go out for a quick drink before the Queer Eye Christmas special. We went to the Buffalo Sports Garden, sat down, got a drink. As we got our second round, a man walks in with karaoke equipment. We are of course, intrigued. Ame (my roomie) sees a man across the bar that she thinks is cute. Said man walks up to the karaoke man and puts in a request... of course, we decide to wait it out to see him and his friend perform. Their turn comes up, and we assume there will be a rousing rendition of "Baby Got Back", or "Friends in Low Places" to follow their arrival. Much to my surprise (and enjoyment), the song comes on and I hear "Step inside, walk this way...". I almost had a heart attack. I immediately decided that the man Ame was eyeing was her soulmate, and we proceeded to sing out loud with the vivacious boys. After the song was over, we finished our beers and left, so glad that we decided to wait it out for the performance. So, today, I am inspired by the karaoke boys, and their mutual love of Def Leppard.

I know you are all just so excited... but hey, it made my day! Ok, its time to leave work now... right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home